Sunday, February 20, 2022

OUTCOME

 “The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God. As the Scriptures say, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.”” ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1:18-19‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Omnipotent 

Unchanging 

Trinity 

Canceling 

Our

Mortal

Error 


    From the beginning of human history God has been introducing Himself and revealing Himself to us. Who has God shown Himself to be? The way we answer this basic question defines our relationship with Him and sets the course for our lives.


    God is holy, merciful, near to us, compassionate, and mighty in power. He is eternal. He has revealed Himself as both loving and just. The character of God is omnipotent in His power and unchanging in His majesty. God has a plan and it will be completed! The outcome has been established from the beginning.


“Long ago the Lord said to Israel: “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself. … “Listen to this message from the Lord, you nations of the world; proclaim it in distant coastlands: The Lord, who scattered his people, will gather them and watch over them as a shepherd does his flock.” ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:3, 10‬ ‭NLT‬‬


    Who has God shown Himself to be? He has shown Himself to be eternally existent as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He has shown Himself to be Creator, Redeemer and Comforter. We can call upon Him and He will answer! As Creator, He reveals the unseen spiritual realm through those things we experience in nature. As Redeemer, He restores and heals our brokenness. As Comforter, He leads, strengthens and teaches us.


“O Lord, I am your servant; yes, I am your servant, born into your household; you have freed me from my chains. I will offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭116:16-17‬ ‭NLT‬‬


    How are we born into the household of God and adopted into the family of God? We have to accept and experience spiritual rebirth. Jesus said, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.” Being born of water refers to our physical entry into the human race. Being born of the Spirit refers to Salvation through Christ and our subsequent infilling with the Holy Spirit.


“‘In the last days,’ God says, ‘I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams. … In those days I will pour out my Spirit even on my servants—men and women alike— and they will prophesy. … But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’” ‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭2:17-18, 21‬ ‭NLT‬‬


    The Trinity, Creator, Redeemer and the Comforter, exist and work in perfect unity. God offers us salvation, healing and restoration. He is transforming us in every way - body, soul and spirit. God takes us through the Temporal into the Eternal. 


“All who hate me whisper about me, imagining the worst. … Lord, have mercy on me. Make me well again, so I can pay them back! … Praise the Lord, the God of Israel, who lives from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and amen!” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭41:7, 10, 13‬ ‭NLT‬‬


    Our salvation is the act of God canceling the mortal error of our sin. We have been CALLED. Following our calling being led by the Holy Spirit causes us to take TARGETED ACTION. Those actions focus the power of God and address a variety of needs. His power always REACHES the EXPECTED OUTCOME.


“God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.” ‭‭John‬ ‭3:17‬ ‭NLT‬‬


“The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭91:14‬ ‭NLT‬‬

No comments:

Post a Comment