Tuesday, February 22, 2022

DELIGHT

 “How great is our Lord! His power is absolute! His understanding is beyond comprehension! The Lord supports the humble, but he brings the wicked down into the dust.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭147:5-6‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Discover 

Environmental 

Lavishness 

Interlinking

Godly 

Habits

Today


    So, let me tell you a little about the things going on in my life.I don’t often do this but, I feel it is important to give some context to this message. For the past seven months, I’ve been struggling with an identity crisis. Most men in America define themselves by the function they provide in society. I am a Pastor/Teacher, but half my identity was ripped away.


    I’ve been a bivocational Pastor for the last twenty-two years. In August the decision to “Reorganize” the church was made and very abruptly, if not underhandedly, the property and finances were reallocated to another ministry. All this was done without consulting me or the congregation. No option for an alternative placement in ministry was offered. Adding to that stress, think about the conditions of Pandemic that exist in the world - The reality of friends losing the battle with cancer and beloved family members suffering strokes, heart attacks and various surgeries. Those things have shaken my confidence and made me feel as if the heavens have closed up and the blessing of God, were on hold. My reality is that I cannot even focus on the part of my identity that is still intact because I was, and still am so, cut to the core of my being.


    Yet, God holds out hope and purpose. I just need to rediscover it. Probably many others are facing, or have faced, similar situations. Do not give up! God’s promises are true. He will be found when we seek Him wholeheartedly.


“In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the Lord. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land.”” ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29:12-14‬ ‭NLT‬‬


    The environment that surrounds us does not define us. We are God’s children and our lives are defined by the LOVE He lavishes upon us. Are we still seeking? Are we still serving? Then we can be full of joy. Which path do we choose, because the choice is ours to make? The ultimate reality is eternity. Our destination is determined by our resistant response to the evil that attempts to overwhelm and overshadow us. God has filled His word with encouragement. He has given us wise counselors - those who are filled with and led by the Holy Spirit. If we walk in that wisdom, we will become wiser.


“Godliness guards the path of the blameless, but the evil are misled by sin. … The life of the godly is full of light and joy, but the light of the wicked will be snuffed out. … The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain; those who accept it avoid the snares of death. … Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭13:6, 9, 14, 20‬ ‭NLT‬‬


    Bad things happen to good people. Change is a fact of life. We can either throw up our hands and walk away in defeat or stand still and see the deliverance of the Lord. God does not give up on us even when we temporarily give up on Him. Even King David went through times of doubt and discouragement. God set things right for King David, and God will eventually set things right for us. 


    The world we live in does not accept sound biblical teaching, and the only opinion not readily accepted is the Christian opinion. The Spirit of God cannot be stopped and His message cannot be silenced! The only perspective that offers peace is a Christ-centered life giving perspective. We control by virtue of our attitudes the environmental conditions of our homes, jobs, communities, and churches. God pours out the lavishness of His blessing upon every aspect of our lives. He keeps us safe, even when our cities are under attack.


“Silence their lying lips— those proud and arrogant lips that accuse the godly. How great is the goodness you have stored up for those who fear you. You lavish it on those who come to you for protection, blessing them before the watching world. You hide them in the shelter of your presence, safe from those who conspire against them. You shelter them in your presence, far from accusing tongues. Praise the Lord, for he has shown me the wonders of his unfailing love. He kept me safe when my city was under attack.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭31:18-21‬ ‭NLT‬‬


    Where are we today? Are we linking arms, hearts and minds with others of faith, or are we walking this road alone?


“Can two people walk together without agreeing on the direction?” ‭‭Amos‬ ‭3:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬


    The direction we are headed, as well as the success we are seeking, requires dependence on others to assist, comfort, and strengthen us. God provides everything we need. We, and I mean, I need to take my eyes off the problems distracting me long enough to fully re-establish Godly habits in my life. Turning my focus back toward the needs of others; turning away from my self directed pity-party. Stepping back onto the right path reminds me of something my mother always said, “Well, you have the same clothes to get glad in.” Of course, this was only ever said following her correction after one of my many fits of temper. God is braiding us into an unbreakable cord.


“Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. … A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.”

‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭4:9, 12‬ ‭NLT‬‬


    If any of this message has struck a chord in your life, the invitation is here. Join the search and find your DELIGHT in God’s presence and His plan for your life. Don’t put it off. Take action today.

No comments:

Post a Comment